From Hymn of the Pearl Translation by William Wright
The Two image segment:
on a sudden, when I received it,
the garment seemed to me to become like a mirror of myself.
I saw it all in all,
and I to received all in it,
for we were two in distinction
and yet gain one in one likeness.
And the treasurers too,
who brought it to me, I saw in like manner
to be two (and yet) one likeness,
for one sign of the king was written on them (both),
- What is the significance of the Hymn of the Pearl?
- Translation by Quaker scholar Hugh McGregor Ross
- Translation by M. R. James
- Translation by Hans Jonas
- Popular Anonymous Translation