When buying for new sportswear, you are indeed making an investment and thus, a need to be very careful. Read more about them here so that, your decision is one that you will not end up regretting. That is the reason why it is important to know what you are looking for in order to end up with sportswear which is quality.
Features to look for to get good value for your money includes:
- Chaffing: When it comes to training and being active, being comfortable is very much paramount. In case your clothes are chaffing that is where your attention will focus and you will not be able to work out properly and thus, not get the most out of your workout. Read more about them and know how to avoid such. Materials which are anti-chafe need to be seamless and soft so that you get maximum comfort while if you get materials which are recycled, they might even be better.
There are t-shirts which are made from recycled coffee grounds which tend to be great as they make fabric which is super soft which will not be able to chafe and you will find it feeling more amazing against your skin. Check out the fabric which your activewear is made out of and ensure that you feel it against your skin to confirm that it will not chafe when you move in it.
- Odor: When exercising, it is automatic that you will sweat but it should not result in a bad odor. Fabrics which are not able to wick away sweat or are heavy, like polyester or cotton, will definitely become too much a load on your wet skin as you continue sweating during your exercises and will stick to your body which lead to a risk of you smelling bad. Fabrics which are recycled and light, tend to have a natural anti-odor quality and wick away sweat from the body and thus, you will be able to stay cleaner and drier throughout the time you are working out which will ensure that, at the end of it all, you feel fresh.
- Stretch: The worst feeling you can have with new clothes is where you feel the seams are splitting as they stretch over your body. When you are doing any sort of training, you are putting your clothes and body under immense strain. Most of the sportswear you will find in the market tend to be made of 2-way stretch materials, meaning, it will be able to stretch in two directions. When you get high-quality sportswear, they will have 4-way stretch material leading to fewer tears and wears, jumps that are long-lasting, and freedom when it comes to movements when you are training.
- Thermal: There will be a great difference between cheap garments and quality activewear when the weather is too extreme. Read more about them here and get to know the difference. It is the worst thing to feel freezing cold before the beginning of a race or a session where you are doing your training but hit up when you start moving and end up like a sweatbox, feeling trapped in your garments. Ensure that, your outwear is sweat-wicking and thermal-wicking so that you are warm and feeling nice before you start your training and stay like that up to the end. When you have a high quality out layer, it will be light and thin enough for you to train in but at the same time, keep you very warm when the need arises. It has the capacity to keep you warm as you wait to start your training in cold weather and ensure that, the sweat is wicked away as you start the race and you begin sweating.
- Get on top: You need a good top which will be able to allow heat that is coming from your body to escape and at the same time, minimize problems which are related to sweating. In case you are the type who experiences sweating in excess, you might be having a condition known as hyperhidrosis. If that is the case, then you will have to choose a top which is breathable such as a mixture of polyester and cotton, or full cotton or one that is made from Lycra material which is tighter.
Regardless of the materials that you choose, as long as it doesn’t have sleeves, will ensure that it will be able to prevent retention of too much heat and stop sweating which could cause chaffing and irritation. If you are a lady, you can choose a crop top so that it gives you cool comfort and the movement you need especially during summer.
- Bottoms: Read more about them There are a lot of choices when it comes to choosing sportswear bottoms, You can get the designer shorts or running shorts, the choice is all yours. If you are looking for running shorts, then they ought to be shorter than the other types of exercise shorts. In that case, it will be able to allow for the maximum amount of skin to be exposed and thus reduce heat retention especially during summer and thus, no more chaffing. Think about the material when you are choosing the shorts and also the technology behind its production. Getting Lycra shorts might be the best thing for great movement and flexibility during the summer. You can replace them with winter leggings during winter.
- Underwear options: When it comes to sportswear, it is important you also consider the type of underwear that you put on to give great support to your other wears. You can choose a sports bra which is constructed from materials which are technologically advanced to provide the comfort and coolness that you deserve.
- Sports shoes: If you are looking for new shoes for summer season sportswear, then you will have to pick the lightest pair that you will come across. If you are looking for support and stability, you will have to carry some shoe weight, but at the same time, consider the ventilation that you will get from the shoes.